Fish and Chips
- 1¼ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1¼ cups Beer
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Oil
- 4 Potatoes (peeled & baked)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1½-2 pound any white firm Fish (cut into fillets)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Egg White (beaten to stiff)
- 1 cup Flour
- Cut the baked potatoes into ½ inch thick slices & soak them in cold water.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add beer, egg yolk, and oil. Beat until smooth and keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 °F and heat oil in a deep pan on 365-375 °F.
- Drain and dry the potatoes. Add them to the heated oil, dipping one by one.
- Fry till the potatoes turn brown.
- Transfer the fried potatoes on paper towel. Allow the oil in the oven to get back to the room temperature.
- Flavor the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Mix the egg white with the prepared beer batter.
- Take flour in bowl, dip and coat the fillets into the flour, coating on all sides and dusting any excess flour.
- Dip the fillets in the batter and fry them, one at a time, till they are brown on both sides.
- Place the fried fillets in the preheated oven while frying the remaining fillets.
- Sprinkle salt on the fish and chips and serve with malt vinegar.