- 200 gms Rice
- 2 Litres milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 200 gms Soft jaggery
- 2 tbsp Chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp Chopped almonds
- 6 Strands of kesar
- Wash 200 gms rice and leave it for drying.
- Boil the milk for about 15 minutes.
- Add rice. Cook till rice is well done and milk becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder, kesar and nutmeg powder.
- Add jaggery now. Stir till jaggery melts.
- Take out from the fire.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Payesh is ready.