Cheesy Potato Pie
- 900 g Potatoes (peeled)
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 100 g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 50 g Butter
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 450 g Leeks (sliced)
- 1 large Red Pepper (chopped)
- 450 g Courgettes (sliced)
- 225 g Button Mushrooms
- 2 tsp mild Paprika
- 25 g Wholemeal Flour
- 300 ml Vegetable Stock
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
- Mash the boiled potatoes with milk, and half quantity of both cheese and butter.
- Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and fry the leeks and red pepper for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add courgettes, mushrooms, and paprika. Stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add flour and slowly add in the stock. Stir well and cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a baking pan and layer the mashed potato on it evenly.
- Scatter the left over cheese on it.
- Set the oven at 400 °F and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top turns golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.