- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 cups Water
- 3 cups uncooked Long Grain Rice
- Coarse Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground White/Black Pepper
- 2 cups cooked Lima, Kidney, Butter Beans (freshly cooked or canned)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the onions until golden.
- Add parsley, paprika, and bay leaves. Simmer for a while.
- Add water and cover the pan to boil.
- Mix in rice, salt, and pepper.
- When the rice starts boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is cooked, for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave aside for 10 minutes before serving.