- 1/2 Coconut
- Lemon sized tamarind
- 10 Red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- Few red chilli pieces and curry leaves
- A pinch of hing
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- Shred the coconut into small pieces.
- Fry the red chillies in a small pan.
- Grind red chillies, coconut, tamarind and salt. Add minimum water.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add urad dal, chenna dal, mustard seeds, jeera, red chillies, hing and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the coconut chutney after mustard seeds start spluttering.
- Coconut Chutney is ready.