Lancashire Hot Pot
- 680 gm Middle or End Lamb
- Pepper and Salt
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1 Turnip
- 240 gm Onion
- 455 gm Potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- Bacon Drippings
- Cut the meat into pieces and season it with salt & pepper.
- Layer the meat and vegetables in casserole and top up with the layer of thick slices of potatoes. Add more seasoning if required.
- Pour sufficient water to cover 1/3 till above the casserole. Layer it with lots of bacon dripping on the top.
- Set the oven to 300°F. Keep the casserole in oven and bake it for ½ hr until the top layer gets brown.