Quick Sherry Trifle
- 300 gm Sponge Cake
- 300 gm Strawberries
- 6 tbsp Sweet Sherry
- 2 cups Thick Custard
- 2 cups Double Cream (whipped)
- Handful of Flaked Almonds (roasted)
- Half the cake, cut into thick slices and place them in a dish.
- Slice the strawberries. Place it on the cake keeping few strawberries aside.
- Squash the strawberries with folk gently to release and spread the juice on the cake. Spread little sherry on it.
- Layer the custard thickly over it and finally make thick layer of whipped cream.
- Garnish it with remaining strawberries and roasted almonds.