English Muffin Bread
- 5 cups All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 packets Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cups hot Milk
- ½ cup hot Water
- Cornmeal (for dusting)
- Combine 2 cups flour with yeast, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add milk and water. Beat the mixture on low speed for 30 seconds. Then, whip for 3 minutes on high speed.
- Add the remaining flour to the milk mixture and mix to make firm batter.
- Grease 2 pans and dust them with cornmeal.
- Pour the batter into the pans and shower more cornmeal on them.
- Cover the pans and keep aside for 45 minutes to let the batter double in size.
- Bake the batter at 375 °F for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the pans and cool before serving.