Chicory, Blue Cheese, Pecan, And Cranberry Salad
- 12 Pecans
- 1 head Chicory (trimmed)
- 225 g Cashel Blue Cheese
- 2 tbsp dried Cranberries (crumbled)
- Salad Leaves (as required)
- 3 tbsp Hazelnut/Walnut Oil
- 1½ tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Place pecans in a baking pan and roast them at 350 °F for 5-10 minutes.
- Chop the roasted pecans roughly. Detach the leaves of the trimmed chicory.
- Mix oil, vinegar, and mustard in a jar to make the dressing. Cover the jar tightly and shake well.
- Flavor with salt and black pepper.
- Mix cheese, nuts, and cranberries with little dressing in a bowl and toss well.
- Mix chicory and salad leaves with leftover dressing and add to the cheese mixture.