- 1-1/4 cups Plums (pitted and sliced)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Heat the oven at 375 degrees F
- Grease an oven safe pan.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl and leave aside.
- Cream the butter with sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat egg yolks and the lemon zest. Add it to the butter mixture.
- Stir together 1-cup flour and baking powder.
- Mix this flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Add and stir the egg whites.
- Arrange the batter uniformly into the prepared pan.
- Arrange the sliced plums attractively over the batter with skin-side down.
- Bake it for 40 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Remove and cool on a rack.
- Plum Cake is ready.