- 2 pound boneless Beef (very tender, fatless)
- 2 large Green Peppers (seeded and cut into small strips)
- 3 cups Cabbage (shredded, rinsed, and dried)
- 3 large Carrots (peeled and shredded)
- 2 large Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 lb Bean Sprouts (rinsed and drained)
- Salad/Peanut Oil
- 1½ cups dark Soy Sauce
- 6 cups Water
- 10 crushed Black Peppercorns
- 4 Star Anise
- 4 large cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup Rice Wine or Sherry
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp fresh Ginger Root (grated)
- 3 cups Scallions/Leeks (chopped and divided)
- 3 cups Chinese Parsley or Cilantro (minced and divided)
- Cut the meat into 2-3 inch strips and arrange them in a platter.
- Arrange the vegetables in a separate platter.
- Prepare the sauce by combining soy sauce, water, peppercorns, star anise, and garlic in a saucepan. Simmer for few minutes.
- Add wine, sugar, ginger root, and 2 cups each of scallions/leeks and parsley. Stir well.
- Refresh the sauce with the remaining scallions/leeks and parsley while cooking.
- Place a greased cooking appliance and put some of the meat and vegetables on the cooking surface and spoon some of the sauce over the grilling food.
- Turn the food over after grilling for 1 minute.
- Cook on both sides and transfer to a serving plate.
- Cook the remaining meat and vegetables.
- Serve with boiled rice, sesame seed buns, pita bread, or French bread.