- 250 g unripe Plantain (peeled)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10 Shallots (chopped)
- 6 Green Chilies (slit)
- 1 stalk Curry Leaves
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the plantain into 3 cm long pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add shallots, green chilies, and curry leaves. Cook till the shallots turn brown.
- Add plantain pieces and turmeric powder.
- Flavor with black pepper and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Uncover the pan and cook until the gravy is absorbed.
- Serve hot.