Artichokes a La Polita
- 8 Artichokes
- ½ kg Potatoes
- 5 Carrots
- Juice of 2-3 Lemons
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 bunch fresh Dill or 3 tbsp dried Dill
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- Remove the stems and outer hard skin of artichokes and place the tender leaves in a platter.
- Rub the artichoke leaves with lemon juice and immerse them in cold water.
- Cut onions, potatoes, and carrots.
- Heat olive oil and fry carrots and spring onions.
- Add artichokes, potatoes, dill, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and enough water to cover the veggies. Simmer for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Dilute cornflour in little water and add it to the mxiture to get a thick sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.