- 1½ pounds Lamb (cut into medium size cubes)
- ¼ pound Butter
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- ¾ pound Tomatoes (peeled and strained)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups raw Rice
- Rinse the meat and pat dry.
- Heat half of the butter in a large frying pan and stir fry the meat until lightly golden in color.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and water. Cover the pot and simmer until meat turns tender.
- Transfer the cooked meat in a hot-pot.
- Strain the remaining sauce and measure it into 4 glasses. In case the sauce is less, add water to fit into the required quantity.
- Cook rice in the same liquid, adding 2 tbsp butter. Stir, while boiling on medium-low heat, and cook till the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add in the fried meat. Drizzle the remaining butter and mix well.
- Serve hot.