Brown Lentils & Rice
- 2 cups small Brown Lentils (rinsed)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 8 cups Water
- 1 small Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- 1 cup long grain Rice
- 1 large Carrot (grated)
- 1 large Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1½ cups unseasoned Tomato Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ tsp freshly ground Pepper
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Boil lentils over high heat for 10 minutes in salted water.
- Add bouillon cube and bring to a boil. Continue boiling for 15 minutes.
- Add rice and boil on medium-high heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, carrot, onion, garlic, pepper, and olive oil.
- On boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes, till the liquid reduces to almost no water.
- Remove the pot from heat, cover with a clean dish towel, and set aside for 15-20 minutes till all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve warm.