Chicken with Pasta and Walnuts
- 1 big Chicken (cut into 4 parts and rinsed)
- 1 kg Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3-4 Tomatoes (pureed)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Few Spearmint
- 1 cup small Pasta
- ½ cup Walnuts
- Boil the pasta with 3 cups of water in a saucepan. Add the walnuts, when pasta is half cooked.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or till pasta is tender. Take off the flame, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil with butter in a saucepan and fry chicken and onion for 10 minutes, or untill light brown.
- Stir in the tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup of warm water along with salt, pepper and spearmint. Cook for 15 minutes, or untill chicken is tender.
- Add the pasta-walnut mixture. Stir well.
- Serve immediately.