- 1 kg Flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Orange Rind (grated)
- 6 Eggs
- 1½ cups Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Yeast
- ½ cup Lukewarm Water
- Melt the yeast in the lukewarm water. Whisk a teacup of flour into the mixture and mix well.
- Cover the mix with a towel and place it in a warm place to rise.
- Heat the milk with sugar, butter and the orange rind and place them in a bowl.
- Mix the remaining flour with eggs and the milk mixture. Add the risen yeast and stir constantly. Knead the dough neither too soft nor too tough.
- Cover it with a towel and leave to rise double at a warm place. Knead it again after rising and shape into plaited breads.
- Brush with 2-3 egg yolks and bake them on medium oven for 30-35 minutes.