- 6 Fish Slices
- 7-8 Green Chilies
- 4-5 Onions (sliced finely)
- 3-4 sticks Cinnamon
- 9-10 Cardamoms
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 2-4 Tomatoes (skinned and chopped)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 6-8 cloves Garlic (ground)
- 1 pound Basmati Rice (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- 10-12 Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1-2 tsp Sugar
- Saffron for coloring
- Coriander Leaves
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Boil the rice with salt and drain well. Let it cool.
- Heat the oil in pan and brown the onions. Keep half of the fried onions separately and add chopped coriander, green chilies, garlic and turmeric allowing it to cook for a few minutes. Toss in the tomatoes and cook until it becomes pulpy. Add fishes with 4 cups of water and cover. Simmer until tender then add chili powder and sugar and wait until ½ cup juice is left.
- Place the reserved fried onions with oil in a pan, on low heat and add in cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom and cumin seed. Remove from fire when it becomes aromatic.
- In a large pan, spread half of the boiled rice then prawn mixture followed by onion-spice mix and then lastly remaining half of the rice.
- Sprinkle saffron and oil. Cover the pan and cook on a low fire for at least 10 minutes. Mix them well to get an aromatic and beautiful texture.