- 2½ cups long grain Rice (rinse and drain)
- ½ tsp Saffron Strands
- 2 tbsp Boiling Water
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 4 Cardamom Pods (bruised)
- 1 small Cinnamon Stick
- 4 whole Cloves
- 10 black Peppercorns (slightly crushed)
- 4 cups Hot Water
- 2 ½ tsp Salt
- Rind of 1 Orange or Lemon (finely grated)
- 2 tbsp Sultanas
- 2 tbsp blanched sliced Almonds
- 2 tbsp blanched halved Pistachios
- Put the saffron in hot water for few minutes and add it to the rice.
- Heat ghee in deep saucepan and add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns and wait until it becomes aromatic.
- Add rice and stir fry it for 3 minutes.
- Boil water and transfer the rice into it.
- Add salt and rind. Stir well and cover.
- Simmer it over medium low until rice is about to tender. Spread out the sultanas over the rice and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and garnish with dryfruits.
- Serve hot.