White Pumpkin Murumbo
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) round white Pumpkin
- Sugar (half in weight of the grated pumpkin with its water)
- 4 inches Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 3/4 tsp mixed Cardamom & Nutmeg Powder
- Peel and chop the pumpkin into small pieces, while discarding the seed-section.
- Take the sugar, grated pumpkin, pumpin water and cinnamon sticm in a pot.
- Place on high flame and get the mixture to a boil.
- Recude the flame to low, cover the pot with lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer on medium flame until the liquid is completely gone and pumpkin is golden brown.
- Mix in the nutmeg and cardamom powder.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Preserve in an airtight container.