Chana Ni Dal Ma Murgi
- 2½ pound Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 3 large Onions (finely sliced)
- 280 g Yellow Chana Dal (washed and soaked in cold water for at least 2 hrs)
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp whole Coriander and Cumin
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp heaped Sambhar Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Tomatoes
- ½ bunch Coriander (chopped)
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Green Chilies
- 3 raw Green Mangoes (if available)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions until golden brown.
- Add all the spices and cook for few minutes.
- Toss in the chicken pieces and cook till they turn white.
- Add tomatoes and chana dal, along with the water it was soaked in.
- Add mangoes and green chilies. Stir well and cook covered till the dal and chicken turn tender.
- Transfer into a non-reactive pot and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F until completely cooked.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze lemon juice all over.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with Indian roti.