- 500 gm Basmati or Long-Grain Rice (rinsed and soaked in water for 2 hrs)
- 800 gm Chicken (rinsed carefully)
- Cooking Oil
- 2 spoons Butter
- 50 gm Almonds (sliced)
- 50 gm Pistachio (sliced)
- 100 gm Orange peel (sliced)
- 2 large Onions (sliced)
- 100 gm Sugar
- ½ tbsp Saffron
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in pan and fry the onions until light golden.
- Add chicken pieces and fry until a light brown color.
- Add 1 glass of water, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until ½ glass water remains in the pan and chicken is tender enough to be separated from the bones.
- Remove the bones.
- Boil the sugar (reserve 2-3 spoons) with one glass of water, chicken juice, saffron and 2-3 spoon oil.
- Soak the almond for an hour in water.
- Boil the orange peels for a few minutes and drain and repeat.
- Soak in cold water for an hour and boil with three spoons of sugar and drain.
- Take a large size pot, spread half of rice and layer it with chicken pieces, half of the almonds and orange peel and remaining half of the rice.
- Spread over sugar and chicken juice mix.
- Add water and some butter.
- Cover and cook until rice is tender.
- Garnish with remaining dry fruits and serve hot.