Mutton Berry Pulav
- 500 gm Mutton (rinsed and chopped into cubes)
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (rinsed)
- 5 Small Onions (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp Cashew Nuts (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Berries (lean and soaked in water)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4-5 Cloves
- 3-4 Cardamoms
- 6 Onions (chopped and fried)
- Salt to taste
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan and fry the onions until golden and crisp.
- Add the cardamom, cloves, coriander and turmeric powder, sauté for a minute.
- Toss in meat pieces along with water. Cover and cook over low heat until the mutton is tender. Sprinkle the salt, stir and remove from the heat.
- Cook the rice in salted water with 2 cloves and cardamoms. Keep open to remove extra moist after cooking.
- Fry the berries and cashews in the ghee, reserve ¼ of it and add the rest to the rice. Cover it tightly for 30 minutes.