- 1 kg Potatoes (boiled and mashed finely)
- 1 Coconut (grated)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Coriander (chopped finely)
- ¼ cup Raisins (seedless, washed)
- ¼ cup Charoli (washed)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- Bread crumbs as much required
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Beat the eggs and keep aside.
- Mix a little salt in smashed potato and round it like a ball. Keep aside.
- Make a paste of ginger, pepper and chilies and combine with grated coconut, coriander, raisins, charoli and the lime juice and sugar. Add salt and mix well.
- Put some drops of oil in your palm and rub both of your palms. Take small amount of smashed potato and shape it like a circle having a little depth. Fill it with the dryfruits mixture and fold it so that mixture can not come out. Repeat the same for rest of the mixture and potato.
- Heat the oil in a pan, coat the balls with bread crumbs and dip into the beaten eggs and fry 3-4 pieces at a time until golden brown.
- Drain well and serve hot with any chutney or tomato ketch-up.