Greek Stuffed Chicken
- 1 (½ kg) whole Chicken
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Rice
- 3 tbsp Pine Seeds
- 3 tbsp Golden Raisins
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Butter (as required)
- Cut the belly of the chicken and remove the liver. Cut the liver into small pieces.
- Heat some butter in a pan and fry onion and chicken liver.
- Mix rice, pine seeds, raisins, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well and pour 1 cup warm water. Boil for several minutes, remove from heat and cool.
- Clean the inner portions of the chicken and rinse thoroughly.
- Stuff the belly with the prepared rice mixture. Sew the open portions and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in moderate oven (with foil) for two hours. Baste occasionally with butter while baking.
- Remove the foil after 1½ hours and continue baking allowing the chicken to take on a golden color.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.