- 3 cups Rice
- 1 cup (100 gms) Tamarind
- 1/4 cup Chana dal (soaked)
- 1 tsp Urad Dal (soaked)
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Hing
- 1 small bunch of Curry leaves
- 5 Red chilies
- 2 Green chilies
- 1/2 cup Oil
- Soak tamarind in water and extract thick juice out of it.
- Cook rice, add salt and a little oil and mix it well. Keep it separately.
- Now in a frying pan, take tamarind extract, add salt, turmeric in it and cook until it thickens.
- Add this cooked tamarind extract (according to taste) into the rice and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chana dal, green chilies, urad dal, peanuts, red chilies, curry leaves, mustard, jeera and hing and fry.
- As the ingredients turns brown and the mustard starts to splutter, mix all these to the above prepared rice.
- Now Tamarind Rice is ready.