- 4 slices Bacon (chopped)
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 2 Celery Ribs (sliced)
- 4 Carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 2 large Potatoes (diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 small Cabbage (chopped)
- 910 g Pork Spare Ribs
- 1 meaty Ham Bone
- 455 g Sauerkraut
- 240 g Tomato Sauce
- 16 cups Beef Stock
- 1 tbsp Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Little Parsley (chopped)
- Sour Cream (to garnish)
- Oil (as required)
- Pour pork ribs into a pot and cook on high flame. Add cooking oil, if required.
- Stir in bacon and cook until almost all the fat has been discharged.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, and garlic in a separate pan and cook until the onions are slightly browned.
- Add cabbage and cook until tender.
- Add the pork ribs, ham bone, sauerkraut, tomato sauce, beef stock, paprika, bay leaf, and sugar. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cook on medium flame for 2 hours or until meat turns tender.
- Remove the ribs and ham bone from the soup and separate the meat from them.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and put back in the soup.
- Keep aside to cool and refrigerate thereafter.
- Stir the frozen soup well and heat again. Garnish with sour cream and little parsley on top.
- Serve hot.