Orange Rice Cake
- 1 cup White Rice (drained)
- 4 cups Milk
- ¾ cup Butter
- 1 cup white Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest (grated)
- ½ cup golden Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Blend rice with milk in a pan and cook on medium flame until milk is absorbed in totally. Remove and keep aside.
- Beat butter with sugar in a bowl until soft and smooth.
- Take egg yolks in another bowl and whip well until doubled.
- Combine the yolks with butter mixture. Stir in the cooked rice.
- Mix orange zest and raisins.
- Whip egg whites until firm and stir in the rice mixture tenderly.
- Grease a baking pan with butter and flour.
- Pour the rice batter into the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown. Remove and cool.