- ½ cup Almonds (slivered)
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Cognac/Brandy
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Egg Yolks (lightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Honey
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 package Rusks
- 1 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 batch Whipping Cream
- Pour milk and sugar into a pan; add lightly beaten egg yolks, followed by flour and cornstarch to prepare the pudding.
- Place over low-medium heat and stir constantly until it starts bubbling and thickening.
- In the meanwhile, combine honey, cognac/brandy, 1 cup sugar, and water in a pan. Boil for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from heat and stir frequently so that no skin forms on the top.
- After this, remove the syrup from heat and cool.
- Soak the rusks in the syrup in a serving bowl and pour the pudding over it.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and almonds. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Pour whipping cream over it and serve chilled.