Greek Lemon Chicken
- 2½ cups Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup unsalted Butter
- 1 Carrot (sliced)
- 1 Celery/Fennel (cut into pieces)
- 3 (1/3 lb) Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1 tbsp Dill (chopped)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (sliced)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix chicken pieces with onion, carrot, and celery/fennel in a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt and peeper. Toss to season evenly.
- Heat butter and oil in a large non-reactive pan and add in the mixture. Stir fry for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cover tightly. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until chicken turns tender.
- In the meanwhile, combine corn flour with 4 tbsp water in a small cup or bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the liquid into another pan and boil until the liquid reduces to 300 ml.
- Add corn flour water and mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with lemon juice and add to the prepared sauce. Stir slowly to blend well.
- Taste and add seasonings, if required.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and pour the sauce over it.
- Garnish with dill and serve.