- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup ghee or clarified butter
- Salt to taste
- Combine flour and salt. Make soft dough using water and leave aside.
- Combine 1 tbsp of flour with 3 tbsp of ghee and leave aside.
- Take the dough and divide it into equal-sized balls.
- Now again divide each ball into two.
- Roll out each portion into a long, finger shaped noodle.
- Give the first portion a spiral shape.
- Apply little flour on a rolling surface and gently roll out the spiral into a circle of about five inch diameter.
- Smear the top with the flour-ghee mixture.
- Repeat the procedure for the next portion and put it over the first circle.
- Place a flat pan on medium flame.
- Place the paratha on the pan. Fry and flip after 30 seconds.
- Apply little ghee on the surface and flip again.
- Apply ghee on exposed side and fry the paratha till crispy and golden brown.
- Lachcha Paratha is ready.