- 2 cup Flour
- 2 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Baking Cocoa
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 10 tbsp Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Milk
- Chocolate Curls (as required)
For The Glaze:
- 1 cup hot Water
- 3 tbsp Rum
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Buttercream (as desired)
- Sift flour, sugar, baking cocoa, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour eggs, milk, and butter in the middle. Whip until smooth and soft.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Grease 2 baking pans with butter and pour the batter in the pans equally.
- Set the oven to 350° F and bake for about 30 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool in the oven.
- Remove and slice each cake into two halves.
- To make glaze, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Prepare icing from buttercream as desired.
- Spread the glaze on the two bottom layers and fill with buttercream icing.
- Secure the cakes by placing the top layers over the icing.
- Beautify as desired.