Sausage And Bean Soup
- 360 g Dry Mixed Beans
- 680 g Turkey Sausage Links
- 870 g Tomatoes (diced)
- 420 g Chicken Broth
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 3 stalks Celery (peeled & chopped)
- 2 large Carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 2 cups Green Peas
- Combine beans with sufficient water in a pan and cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix together beans, tomatoes, chicken broth, white wine, and vegetables in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer for 7-8 hours on low flame.
- Heat a fresh pan and cook the sausages on medium heat until tender. Cut the meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Stir in the soup and cook for another 30-60 minutes.
- Serve hot.