- 2 large Onions, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup Butter
- ½ cup Tomato Juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1-2 pounds Fish Fillets
- Melt butter in a pan and fry onions, celery and tomatoes on medium low heat.
- Add tomato and lemon juice followed by garlic and bay leaf and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Place the fillets in a buttered baking dish and sprinkle salt and pepper over them.
- Pour the prepared sauce and bake at 350 degrees F until fish is opaque.
- Remove from the oven and serve after few minutes.