Kanji Ke Vade
- 1 kg Urad dal
- 4 tsp Rai, finely ground
- 2 tsp Red chillies, pounded
- 2 Small pieces hing
- 3 tsp Salt
- 6 Jugs of water
- Whole red chillies
- Soak 1 kg urad dal overnight.
- Grind to make fine paste. Whisk the paste in a vessel so that it turns fluffy.
- In a frying pan, Heat oil.
- Place a wet cloth on your left palm. Put little mixture onto the wet cloth and flatten it.
- Shape it into one inch vada. Let it slide one by one into the hot oil
- Deep fry the vadas till golden brown.
- Put a griddle (tawa) on the flame and place few crystals of hing on it.
- Take an earthen pot and turn it upside down on the griddle as soon as the hing starts emitting an aroma.
- Take it off after some time and fill it with warm water.
- Mix red chili powder, rai, whole red chilies, and salt into the water.
- Put the vadas into the pot. Cover with a muslin cloth and tie it.
- Keep this pot in the sun during daytime for 8 days.