- 2 lb Beef (cut into cubes)
- 2 lb Shallots (chopped)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 medium White Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 medium Tomatoes (peeled & grated)
- 1/2 cup hot Water
- 1 cup Red Wine
- Heat olive oil and fry bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Add onions, shallots, and garlic. Fry for a while.
- Add meat pieces and cook until brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cover. Cook till the meat turns very tender and bones can be removed easily.
- Serve hot with rice.