- 3 cups fine Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup ground Walnuts
- Orange Peel (grated)
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add butter and 1 cup sugar. Beat again until uniformly blended.
- Gradually add flour and milk. Beat well.
- Add orange peel and walnuts. Mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a buttered baking pan and bake for 1 hour.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the syrup by mixing the remaining sugar, water, and lemon juice together. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture form the oven and pour the syrup over it.
- Cool and slice before serving.