- 1 kg Dates
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 cups Sugar
- A few Raisins
- 2 cups Vinegar
- 1 cup Almonds
- 2 Cloves (grounded)
- 2 Cardamoms (grounded)
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (grounded)
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Pepper
- Split the dates and almonds into halves.
- Combine dates, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, salt, red chili pepper, and vinegar in a large saucepan. Cook until the dates are done.
- Stir in sugar and continue cooking until the mixture thickens.
- Add raisins and almonds. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.