- ½ cup Tur Dal (soaked)
- Mixed Vegetables (as desired, chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
For Sambar Masala:
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut (grated)
- 8 Red Chilies
- Heat oil in a pan and fry all the ingredients to make the sambar masala.
- Remove and grind to a fine paste.
- Take tur dal with water in a large saucepan and cook until tender.
- Mix in vegetables and cook until tender.
- Stir in the ground sambar masala and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Flavor with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and salt.
- Serve hot with dosa.