Kerala Fish Curry
- 910 g Fish
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 6 Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 1 Coconut (grated)
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 small piece of Tamarind
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- Extract milk from half quantity of grated coconut.
- Grind coriander powder, red chilies, turmeric powder, onions, and garlic into a fine paste.
- Dissolve tamarind in hot water and mix well. Strain and store the liquid, discarding the seeds.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the onion masala.
- Add the remaining grated coconut and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Pour coconut milk and fish. Cook till the fish turns flaky and soft.
- Stir in tamarind juice and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.