- 250 gm minced Mutton
- 2 cups long-grained Rice
- 2 cups Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup Kasundi
- ½ tbsp Black Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 4 Green Chilies
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Onion Paste
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Chili Paste
- ¼ cup Sunflower Oil
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Sugar to taste
- Rinse rice with cold water soak for 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice until tender and set aside (half open).
- Boil the minced meat and drain well.
- Heat the sunflower oil and fry the spice pastes.
- Add the meat and fry for another few minutes.
- Add garam masala along with a spoon of ghee and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan and add cumin seed.
- Mix in the rice, salt and sugar. Remove from the heat.
- Spread a layer of half of the rice in a serving dish then spread the cooked meat and finally end with the layer of rice.
- Blend yogurt, kasundi, mustard oil and chillies.
- Serve this with layered rice.