Russian Meat Balls
- 1 lb Beef (ground)
- 1 lb Veal (ground)
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Kidney Fat (rendered)
- 2 Bread Slices (soaked in milk and squeezed dry)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fine Bread Crumbs (as needed to coat)
- Butter for frying
- 2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 lb Mushrooms (sliced)
- Fry the onion in rendered kidney fat until very soft.
- Combine it with meats, bread slices and salt and pepper to knead dough.
- Chill it for sometime.
- Divide it into small balls and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat the butter and fry the meatballs until brown all over.
- Remove from the butter and set aside.
- Fry mushrooms in butter for a while and add sour cream.
- Mix well and pour over the meatball.
- Serve hot.