- 1 envelope active dry Yeast
- ¼ cup very warm Water
- 1/6 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup cold Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 2¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ pound Butter
- 12 ounce Prune Filling
- 1 Egg (slightly beaten)
- ½ cup Corn Syrup
- Knead smooth dough by combining yeast, water, salt, sugar, egg, milk, flour, and butter. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in two parts and roll out each on a floured surface into 20x15 inch rectangles.
- Cut into 20x5 inch rectangles.
- Place a spoonful of prune filling onto center of each rectangle.
- Bring the two opposite corners over filling to overlap about 1 inch.
- Place on cookie sheets leaving some space between each roll.
- Place in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Coat with beaten egg and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Warm corn syrup and coat over the preparation. Bake again for another 5 minutes.