- 4 Brinjals (Eggplants)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 2 small Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 6 small Onions
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Oil (as required)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut brinjals into small pieces.
- Mix together chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Smear the white part of brinjal pieces with mixed spices.
- Grind small onions, ginger, green chillies, and cumin seeds into a nice paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the brinjals. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in another saucepan.
- Splutter mustard seeds and fry onion until transparent.
- Stir in the onion-chili paste and cook until it discharges oil.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and sugar. Mix well and pulp the tomatoes, adding water as required. Bring it to a boil.
- Add brinjal pieces, mix and cover. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.