- 1½ cups Butter Beans
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 4 Cloves
- 3 Cardamoms
- 1 inch piece of Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak beans in water for around 6 hours.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Add onion and fry until transparent.
- Stir in ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove and keep aside to cool. Grind with tomato to make a fine paste.
- Combine the paste with turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala in a pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans with water and salt. Cook until the gravy gets thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.