Broccoli Pesto Pasta
- ¼ cup (+2 tbsp) Hazelnuts (blanched)
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1½ cups Parsley Leaves (loosely packed, can include part of the stems)
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- ½ cup Mint Leaves
- 2 tsp Capers (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 12 oz bow-tie Pasta
- Dry roast hazelnuts until golden.
- Remove, cool, coarsely chop, and set aside.
- Boil broccoli in plenty of water until tender.
- Drain and reserve 1 cup water. Rinse the broccoli florets under cold water. Drain again.
- Blend rest of the ingredients, except pasta and 2 tbsp hazelnuts, in a food processor until smooth.
- Cook pasta in the reserved water.
- Add to the paste along with water.
- Drizzle some olive oil and reserved 2 tbsp hazelnuts.