- ½ cup Vegetable Shortening
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ tbsp Buttermilk
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Allspice
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Bourbon Whiskey
- ½ pound Golden Raisins
- ½ pound Candied Cherries
- ½ pound Candied Pineapple
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups Pecans (chopped)
- Combine shortening and sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat in eggs and mix until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk and add to the mixture.
- Combine one cup flour with allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually add to the buttermilk mix.
- Pour in the whiskey, a little at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Coat raisins, cherries, and pineapple in the remaining flour and then drop into the batter.
- Drop by spoons into batches on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.