Ginger Banana Bread
- 1½ tbsp fresh Ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest (grated)
- 1 cup ripe Banana (mashed)
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Coconut Flakes
- 2¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Vegetable Shortening
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- Ginger Sugar (for topping)
- Ginger Butter (for basting)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ginger, lemon juice, lemon zest, banana, milk, and coconut flakes in a separate bowl.
- Blend sugar with shortening and eggs. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the ginger-banana mix to it.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating continuously to form a smooth and thick mixture.
- Transfer into a buttered loaf pan.
- Sprinkle ginger sugar on the top and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool for 30 minutes.
- Coat the top with ginger butter, chill, and serve.