- 4 Cups drained oysters
- 4 Cups oyster crackers, roughly crumbled
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp Small butter pieces
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Strain the drained oysters and reserve liquor.
- Lightly smear a pie plate with butter and spread 1 cup crumbled oyster crackers over the bottom.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 cup of oysters over the crumb layer.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and salt.
- Make layers of oysters and crackers three more times, applying each oyster layer with little pepper and salt.
- Combine together heavy cream and 1/2 cup oyster liquor.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the top layer of oysters.
- Top with butter pieces.
- Heat an oven to 400 degree F.
- Allow the pie to set for about 10 minutes.
- Place the oven rack just above the center.
- Put the pie on top rack and bake for 15 minutes until light brown.
- Bring the oven temperature to broil (550 degree) and broil for 3 minutes.
- Oysters Pie is ready.