Blueberry Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Allspice
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (light firmly packed)
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Blueberries
For the Topping:
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Combine all the topping ingredients until flaky. Set aside.
- Sift 1 2/3 cups of flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Mix pumpkin with milk.
- Combine shortening and brown sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Beat in the egg until fluffy.
- Add to the flour mixture and beat until completely integrated.
- Combine blueberries and rest of the flour. Stir into the batter.
- Pour the batter into 12 large paper-lined muffin cups ¾ full.
- Sprinkle with toppings over each cup.
- Bake in moderate oven for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.